stick around for the surprise ending
There’s so much to talk about here
things girls do that I love:
- offer their friends sips of their coffee drinks without being asked
- scratch each others back
- say things like “smell this lotion I bought this weekend”
- compliment each other’s eyebrows
- that thing when they agree with you and their eyes get really wide and they nod their head solemnly
- throw out each others gum wrappers or chip bags when they get up
Your sheets smell like vanilla.
Your clothes always reeked of the cigars your dad smoked. You inherited your mothers glassy eyes. You flinch every time someone mentions your brother and I know you blame yourself for that night.
When we first met your left eye was swollen shut and your heart didn’t beat. When we first met you said commitment just wasn’t your thing because who has time to be tied down to one person. But I remember that night you cried in my lap and begged me to not go home. I remember falling asleep tangled in those vanilla scented sheets and I couldn’t help but memorize the way your heart beat."